Monday, August 17, 2009

Connecting to Diamonds

Lately, I have been contemplating starting a blog to help me get unstuck from the divot hole I'm in. I used to think blogging was for the self centered folks out there who felt mighty proud of themselves. Their egos only encouraged them to get out here and write. Well, here I am and it has nothing to do with the above. I am doing this to return to the strong person that others see me as.

At my day job, I am considered the expert. I find this odd as all I know has been self taught for the most part. I am the stereo-typical Gen Xer, we tend to know a little about everything - "the Jack/Jill of all trades and Master of none"!The girls in my life see me as a strong and confident 40 something. The man in my life would like to see that person back. So, where did she go? She took a traditional day job after years of working non-traditional jobs with non-traditional hours; she learned to bend and compromise to the point it became unhealthy for her. She thought it would be no big deal to postpone the biggies in life - marriage and children.

In my search for the diamonds, it is only a given that I will keep on swinging and taking a divot or two. The thing about divots are they can happen when you drop a shoulder and the club strikes the ground something fierce before it gets to the ball to send it flying through the air only to jar your grip or shoulder in the aftermath; or they can happen when you have that perfect "pro" divot that is a result of the club striking the ball and the earth at precisely the right moment where the ball is sailing towards its destination and the divot flies forward as part of the plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment